Website Canadian Security Intelligence Service
The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is looking for students who thrive on tackling diverse challenges in a unique environment. If you are up for the challenge and want to join one of our highest performing teams, there is no doubt that your contributions to CSIS will provide a meaningful impact to our mission of helping keep Canadians safe against national security threats. The Service is building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and foster diversity and inclusion. Also, it is dedicated to establish positive policies and practices related to hiring, training, promoting and retaining designated group members ensuring that employment-related needs of all persons are reasonably accommodated.
CSIS offers opportunities to students to gain valuable experience in policy and governance, with the possibility to return for multiple placements. Students will be given the opportunity to cultivate their skills and knowledge by being paired with experienced employees who will provide feedback during the work term. They will have the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and experience before choosing a career specialization.
The system will allow you to select only one location of work. If you are interested to be considered for various locations of work as mentioned above, please highlight, in your cover letter, the additional locations you would like to apply to.
Students Will Assist With The Following
- Respond to client requests for creation, filing, charge in/out of corporate files.
- Support retention and disposition activities.
- Participate in information digitization and quality assurance.
- Provide information management advice and guidance to clients related to IM policies, procedures and initiatives.
Undergraduate degree or College Diploma programs including but not limited to the following areas of study:
- Information and Records Management
- Library Science
- Archival Studies
- Business Administration.
Candidates with experience with the following is preferable:
- Experience providing client service (e.g. responding to queries, providing advice on policies and procedures).
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail applications.
- Experience performing general administrative duties including file organization and management (search and retrieval).
- Experience in data entry and data quality assurance and integrity.
- Experience working in an information management or record keeping environment in an information administration capacity.
- Experience developing documents such as awareness/information materials and/or communications, presentations, procedures.
- Experience working with an electronic document and records management system (e.g. Open Text eDOCS, EDRMS/RDIMS/IRIMS, etc.).
- Client Service
- Team Work
Conditions of Employment
Applicants must be registered as a full-time, post-secondary student in an accredited academic institution recognized in Canada. Priority consideration will be given to those enrolled in an accredited co-op/internship program.
How To Submit Application
Applicants MUST include the following information in their cover letter in order to be given further consideration:
Name Of Student
Graduation date (month and year):
Program Of Study
Post secondary institution:
- Location of interest:
- Indicate your desired location of work if applicable.
- Travel costs benefits may apply. Further information will be disclosed during the interview process.
- Job Category: Applying for a co-op placement, internship (specific to current program enrollment) or student job.
- Availability: What is the length of your term (4, 8, 12 or 16 months)?
- Studies: What is your current year of study and your expected graduation date?
Tips For Your Cover Letter And Resume
- Tell us your story: why do you want to work for CSIS?
- Work objectives.
- Technical abilities (where applicable).
- Volunteer or work Experience (where applicable).
- Projects (where applicable).
Various language requirements.
We encourge all interested candidates to apply.
Second language evaluation tests might be administered.
At CSIS, we are not looking to simply fill student placement positions every four months. Our program is designed to identify and develop potential full-time employees.
Candidates are asked to apply only once, due to the high volume of applications received.
Failure to provide requested information may result in the rejection of your application.
While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
- Hourly salary
- Public Service Commission Approved CO-OP (Co-operative Education)/Internship Programs
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.