Website Vertex Inc.
Vertex Inc. is seeking an ambitious individual to join our inside sales team as an intern. If you have an interest in a sales career or test your skills this is a great opportunity for you. You will work directly with the Inside Sales Representatives, Sales Development Representatives, and Client Relationship Managers to assist in contact discovery, research, and the support of pipeline-generating activities. The intern hired will help with tracking and updating sales leads, contacts, and accounts, generate sales reporting and evaluate the success, trends, and failures of sales campaigns. The intern should be organized and prepared to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn about the company, our solutions, and our target market, from this you will understand who and why customers work with Vertex
- Learn different aspects of the sales cycle and the techniques used
- Research and identify potential prospects
- Enter and update prospect and client information leveraging the customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Work collaboratively with our Sales team and internal business partners
- Attend weekly/daily team calls and internal meetings
- May participate in other tasks or projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Show creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Excellent oral & written communication skills are required.
- Must have the following skills: strong interpersonal and communication skills. The Job will involve listening skills as well as strong phone skills. The ability to problem-solve and make decisions is also key, as well as good organization and time management.
- Ability to use social media tools to develop and nurture contacts, etc.
- Strong facility with teamwork and an ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages.
- Junior or Senior Undergraduate student majoring in Business, Sales Management, Mass Communications with an emphasis on Media Management and Sales, Global Sales and Marketing, International Sales and Marketing Management
- Positive, professional individual with a desire to learn and be successful in business development and Sales
- Highly organized and a self-starter
- Driven, motivated individual with a thirst for knowledge
- Must be able to work effectively remotely
- Strong ability to be flexible and multi-task
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, LinkedIn Sales Nav a plus
REQUIRED FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
- Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
- Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex’s business and processes to accomplish goals.
- Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs.
- Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.