About the job
As a research scientist, you will use your experience to initiate the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects. Working closely with fellow research scientists and product managers, you will use your experience in modeling, statistics, and simulation to design models of new policies, simulate their performance, and evaluate their benefits and impacts to cost, reliability, and speed of our fulfillment network. Our teams are looking for experience in network and combinatorial optimization, algorithms, data structures, statistics, and/or machine learning. This position requires superior analytical thinking, and ability to apply their technical and statistical knowledge to identify opportunities for real world applications. You should be able to mine and analyze large data, and be able to use necessary programming and statistical analysis software/tools to do so. Amazon has positions available for Research Scientists in multiple locations across the US and Canada. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Enrolled in a PhD degree or equivalent in Engineering, Technology, Science, Operations Research, Robotics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- Relevant experience in at least one of the related science disciplines (optimization – LP, MIP, Statistics, Machine Learning, Process Control, Combinatorial Optimization)
- Experience with SQL and Statistical/mathematical programming software packages (e.g., R, SPSS, CPLEX, LONDO or Xpress, etc.).
- Experience in problem solving and data analytics.
- Fluency in at least one programming or scripting language (e.g., Python, Java, C, C++)
- Demonstrated deep expertise in at least one of the related science disciplines (optimization – LP, MIP, Statistics, Machine Learning, Process Control, Combinatorial Optimization)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with data mining on large datasets (“big data”).
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1662951
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.