Position: Community Outreach Specialist, GS 12
Division: San Diego Field Office
Location: San Diego, CA
Working Hours: 8:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Salary: GS 12: $89,383.00 – $116,202.00
Full Performance level: GS 12
Number of Positions Available: 1
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
- Serves as the FBI’s Community Outreach Program representative and speaker in the areas of crime, drug, gang, as well as violence prevention, intervention, and awareness among the jurisdictional communities.
- Establishes contacts and interacts effectively with external agencies, government officials, the community, and internal FBI contacts.
- Conducts short and long term research projects concerning various aspects of the program to determine if program goals and objectives are being met.
- Coordinates and implements the Field Office’s FBI Citizens Academy, Junior Special Agent’s Program, Future Agents in Training Program, and other targeted strategic community outreach.
- Conducts all the logistics in organizing educational and informational programs to stimulate participation in mentoring and prevention activities concerning crime, specifically drugs, violence, gangs, and other National Security-related concerns.
- Communicates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, persuasively, and effectively orally and in writing while tailoring the communication to the experience level, exposure, or expertise of the audience.
- Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI’s Candidate Rating Procedures.
- Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire.
- High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status.
- Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Most Competitive, Competitive, or Least Competitive. Names of candidates in the Most Competitive category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Veterans’ preference will be applied.
- Interpersonal Ability
- Organizing and Planning
To apply for this job please visit apply.fbijobs.gov.