Website Visa Inc.
The role is that of Data Engineer The successful candidate will help develop customer focused Data and Web applications using technologies across Hadoop eco systems, Kafka, Hive, Relational Database, Java/J2EE, Spring, as well as adopting new open source technologies. The job involves system architecture, design, development, Optimization, setting expectations and SLAs with focus on reliability, availability and performance to enable Visa’s Global clients. In this position, you are first a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start.
Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
Work on development of new products and enhancements to existing systems iteratively by building quick POCs on cutting edge technologies and converting ideas into real products
Instill best practices for software development, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
Monitor health of the platforms and Generate Performance Reports and Monitor and provide continuous improvements.
Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
• 2 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
• 2+ years of software development experience, with demonstrated expertise in leveraging development best practice methodologies
• Experience in Hadoop eco systems.
• Experience in Kafka, Amazon S3 & Hive
• Expertise with RDBMS systems like SQL Server, Oracle or DB2.
• Expert in Java programming language
• Expert in Developing Microservices and REST APIs with Spring
To apply for this job please visit usa.visa.com.