Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
The Assistant Retail Creative Design Intern is responsible for creating and producing branded retail design expressions across all franchise. Will focus on creative retail tool kits and style guide development for Global Product Creation.
A day in the life…
- Support the creative design and development across all branded retail design experiences spanning the entire portfolio of TWDC Franchises – Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Fox & National Geographic
- Contribute to design development on retail toolkits/ style guides across the portfolio of brands
- Assist team with creation including architectural features, branding, signage, and fixtures
- Awareness of fashion and market trends
- Able to create strong POV boards for projects
What we are looking for…
- Technical proficiency in 3D modelling + rendering skills (Rhino + Enscape) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Hands-on ability to convey design ideas and concepts quickly to team members
- Knowledge of visual merchandising best practices and presentation
- Strong people skills, diplomacy and collaborative spirit
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work in a constantly evolving environment
- A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- You’ll be an undergraduate or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Design, Industrial Design, or Architecture or other related fields.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines.
- Must provide full work availability
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May 2022 – September 2022
- This internship is located in Glendale, CA. Candidates must be receptive to providing their own housing for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
Job ID 931622BR Location Glendale, California, United States
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.