Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
The Walt Disney Company’s Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu — and third party distribution parties, alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Global Content Operations (GCO) team is responsible for the end-to-end work streams of all Content and Marketing assets, ensuring proper delivery and integrity from the creators’ hand-off to the ingestion and validation on Disney+, Star and Star+, creating efficiency and seamless workflows across the entire content supply chain.
The Title Management team within GCO oversees content and data management related to rights and clearances, first availability windows, title ordering and remediation, content configuration, and delivery remediation and validation for all Disney+, Star, and Star+ titles, globally. Title Management works with many stakeholders inside and outside of the company to ensure what is intended to be on the service is the best user experience possible.
A Day in the Life…
We are seeking a collaborative and enthusiastic person to join the Title Management Team. In this internship, you will be involved in the work of ensuring all required audio, video, localized components, artwork, and metadata are received according to schedules for Disney+ and Star titles. You will work closely with internal teams to ensure the intent of each title is accurately reflected downstream based on the expected release date. The role will also aid and support in streamlining processes and workflows for net-new titles, regional product launches, and scalability.
- Daily oversight of titles expected to go live on Disney+ and Star+; ensure readiness of titles weekly
- Track resolution of Jira tickets which identify issues in QC and deliveries within a determined service level agreement (SLA)
- Communicate deadlines and remediation needs to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Escalate issues and titles immediately where resolution extends expected SLA
- Assist in “ready-to-stream” forecasting and planning with Content Planning and Library Technical Services teams
- Identify solutions quickly, ensuring all parties involved are working to resolve quickly
- Monitor slack channels for internal escalations
- Track delivery and readiness of titles expected for new territory and/or language launches
- Monitor component ordering status updates and date changes to Programming and Title Planning so they are aware of any update, shifts, or risk associated with title launch
Basic Qualifications :
What We’re Looking For…
- Experience in project management and execution, with a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and proactive in finding solutions
- Knowledge of Audio/Video component ordering and data configuration
- Highly motivated self-starter who can effectively collaborate and communicate at all levels of the organization and who can understand quick turnarounds and tight deadlines
- Passion for innovation and title management
- Experience analyzing data and reporting out on results
- Tech savvy – interest in emerging technologies would be an asset
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree in Business, or related
Additional Information :
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program, concurrent to this internship
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours for the duration of the internship
- Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY hybrid work experience (some days in the office and some days working remotely each week) will be considered if intern is open to this and interviewees can indicate their preference of work location in the interview
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2022 through August 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.