Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Enterprise Sourcing is a global organization focused on enabling and ensuring that The Walt Disney Company manages 3rd party spend strategically, consistently and to the highest standards across all lines of business and functions globally, delivering value that materially impacts business results and profitability. Key category areas include: Media & Marketing, Professional Services, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Facility Operation Services, Production/Production Tech and IT.
As an Enterprise Sourcing Intern, you can expect exposure to a variety of sourcing categories, teams and leaders across the organization. We are a team of internal consultants, collaborators, negotiators and number-crunchers in roles where no day looks the same as the other. Because of our dynamic environment, initial intern assignments will be solidified prior to arrival and will be based on true and timely business needs during your tenure, with additional assignments identified throughout the internship based on the needs of the business.
Types of activities you may be asked to take part in during your internship:
- Participate in cross-functional teams with key internal stakeholders
- Contribute to sourcing activities such as market research, data/financial analysis & supplier management
- Utilize Sourcing’s technology platform to support sourcing events such as RFI’s and RFP’s
- Perform detailed quantitative analysis in MS Excel and generate insights from large amounts of often disparate data
Each intern will have the opportunity to showcase their contributions to the Enterprise Sourcing leadership at the conclusion of the internship.
Basic Qualifications :
- Familiarity with and demonstrated interest in one or more sourcing-related functions (e.g., negotiation, quantitative analysis, supplier management, requests for proposals, contract development / administration, project management, market analysis, etc.)
- High-energy, self-motivated with desire to excel in a professional corporate environment
- Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, take ownership, and work in a flexible team environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Technical skills – Proficiency with MS Office, intermediate PowerPoint skills, intermediate Excel skills, must be comfortable using pivot tables, Match Index, H- & V-Lookups, etc.
- Some work/intern experience in a professional corporate setting, ideally with some qualitative and analytical responsibilities
- Previous project-based work or consulting experience
- Previous experience in sourcing or procurement and/or desire to learn sourcing
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Desired fields of study: Business, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Finance, Marketing, Economics, or other comparable discipline with a quantitative analytical focus.
Additional Information :
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June through January 2023
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.