PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING REQUIRED
This position requires pre-employment testing. Please read the job description in its entirety for additional instructions on the pre-employment testing process.
DOT/DPOS SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
- The position you are applying for is regulated by the Department of Transportation or has been internally designated by ExxonMobil as safety sensitive / safety critical.
- Accordingly, if you receive a conditional offer of employment for such a position, you will be required to undergo a pre-employment process, which includes, among other things, a background check. Depending on the presence of drug or alcohol related convictions on your record (if any), you may not be eligible for hire into this position.
- In addition, if you pass the pre-employment process and are hired, you will be expected to undergo random drug and alcohol screening in addition to other requirements associated with the position.
- The Operations/Maintenance Technician is responsible for coordinating and performing electrical, mechanical, and communications repair and maintenance as needed. The Operations/Maintenance Technician performs Hydrocarbon Product (HCP) measurement duties including tank gauging, meter proving, and sampling. The position also provides for one call response and management, and assists and oversees pipeline construction and maintenance activities as needed. The Operations/Maintenance Technician will have on call emergency responsibilities Monday through Friday, including emergency and regular on calls and operational issues. The Operations/Maintenance Technician may be required to provide relief to other Operations/Maintenance technicians with station operator responsibilities in the work area. The Operations/Maintenance Technician is also required to respond to all Area Patrol Report findings and document appropriately.
- Position does not include relocation benefits or travel expense reimbursement associated with the pre-employment process
- This job requires pre-employment testing (Note: If you have already passed Phase 1 assessment, you do not have to take the test again, but you must click on the link so that it will indicate that you have already taken the test)
- Assist in the construction, maintenance, operations, and repairs of pipelines and associated facilities and equipment
- Move/Remove product or water using a variety of methods
- Perform batch changing, meter proving, and calibrations
- Perform various mathematical calculations associated with over/short reconciliation
- Read and understand station flow and pipeline alignment drawings
- Responsible for the accurate measurement and sampling of crude oils, products, and natural gas liquids
- Set up equipment and pipeline for inspection, testing, and measurement
- Perform to highest safety standards, including reporting all incidents and discrepancies
- Ability to plan daily work activities in accordance with established Company and Regulatory procedures
- Ability to communicate (read, write, and speak) effectively
- Ability to operate hand tools or other pipeline equipment to accomplish assigned tasks
- Able to use Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a consistent safe work ethic
- Knowledge of emergency response procedures and DOT motor carrier regulations
- Must be willing and able to attend/complete required training courses
- Must be willing and able to work in small team environments
- Must be willing and able to work in various locations, both indoors and outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures
- Must have safe driving skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING REQUIRED
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires pre-employment testing. After applying you will receive a pop up giving you access to the assessment. You may take the assessment at that time or utilize the instructions below to access the assessment at a time convenient for you. Note that the assessment must be completed by the deadline in order for you to be considered for the O&M position for which you have applied.
- The O&M test has been revised. Effective December 1, 2021 ALL candidates must complete the revised assessment. Even if you have tested within the last 365 days (passed or failed), you must complete the revised assessment to be considered for this O&M opportunity. Failure to complete the assessment by the deadline will result in your disqualification from consideration for this position.
- Test passed candidates will be screened by the hiring team and a subset invited for interview. Note that a satisfactory result on the assessment does not guarantee an interview.
- PLEASE COMPLETE THE ASSESSMENT BY: December 31, 2021. @ 11:59 P.M. CST
Instructions to Access the Assessment After Applying
- Login to https://jobs.exxonmobil.com
- Click on View Profile (top right hand corner) and login.
- To login you will need your email address and the password established when you created your profile.
- Scroll down to the Jobs Applied section and click.
- Complete the assessment for the job where indicated.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Job Segment: Technician, Electrical, Gas, Gas Technician, Pipeline, Technology, Engineering, Energy
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.