About the job
Meta is seeking a Data Center Systems Engineer Intern who is looking to apply their technical skills in a fast-paced and complex environment. Our team is part of the Site Operations organization, responsible for delivering server capacity for the Meta fleet. This position will work to resolve and diagnose server issues at scale, take on projects that fix fleet wide issues, and work with remote engineering teams. If you like crunching data, figuring out puzzles, and fixing problems with code, this is the internship for you!
Data Center Systems Engineer Intern Responsibilities:
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug challenging problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world
- Build partnerships with some of the best engineers in the industry as you work to solve complex issues impacting the server fleet today
- Assist with triage and root cause analysis to debug hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Knowledge of Linux and server hardware repairs
- Experience coding in at least one language
- Ability to rapidly learn new development languages (i.e. Python, PHP, C++, and Java are all in heavy use)
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs
- Familiarity with installing and configuring common applications such as Apache, memcached, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, or SNMP
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Intent to return to degree program after completion of the internship/co-op
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.