The Lead World Environment Artist will help drive the art creation of vast, expansive, and epic lands. The ideal candidate would help the team create everything from mountain ranges to forests, and other regions of Azeroth. Experience with hand painted art styles, creating terrain, foliage, and natural elements are the key areas of strength to have in this role on the World of Warcraft team. We want you to work closely with the Art Directors and other art leadership to help drive the style forward.
- Partner with art management to ensure team is healthy and strong.
- Be the voice of the environment art team.
- Create environment art (trees, ground textures, foliage, rocks, etc) and other benchmark assets.
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business needs.
- Make decisions that keep the production moving forward.
- Provide guidance during creative discussions with design and art leadership.
- Work closely with art leadership to help achieve a consistent vision.
- Provide direction for the environment art team. This includes painting over screen captures, manipulating 3D models and painting textures.
- Ability to prototype and create block-out assets.
- Communicate with production, design, and other departments.
- Ability to identify, mentor and grow talent.
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude.
- Some experience in video game environment art leadership.
- Able to collaborate closely with others and inclusive decision-maker.
- Understand real-time game development needs.
- Extensively played and understand the visual style of World of Warcraft.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blizzard.com.