Meta is seeking a Data Center Mechanical Engineer experienced in the design and operations of Critical Facilities to become part of our Data Center Strategic Engineering team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the “right” way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. The Meta Data Center Strategic Engineering team endeavors to be the benchmark of innovation for the data center industry and improve reliability, safety and efficiency through innovative solutions, enabling Infrastructure teams to excel in achieving their goals.
- Cross-functional collaboration with other Facebook teams including Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Network Engineering and Capacity Engineering and Analysis.
- Travel to data center sites for engineering studies, mechanical systems audits, and collaboration with local teams as required.
- Assist the team in the development of conceptual design changes to data center critical infrastructure for improved reliability, efficiency, speed to market and cost, in alignment with the full technology stack.
- Assist with pilot or proof of concept projects to evaluate the benefits and feasibility of the solution for broader deployment.
- Research new technologies and industries for deployment in our data center program.
- Use data analysis tools to extract, transform, and gain insights to answer questions about our data center program.
- Identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues timely and effectively
- Assist in engineering document and process development.
- Participate in various team syncs to drive alignment, visibility, and consistency in project execution.
- Effective prioritization skills to continuously analyze workload and qualify priorities based on impact and effort, often involving shifting deadlines and quick turnaround.
- Proficient in productivity applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Detail-oriented, experience providing solutions to complex problems, and proven experience to effectively manage deadlines.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining Associate’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Technology.
- Workflow efficiency and automation – demonstrated aptitude or experience in improving/developing processes to drive efficiency, automating wherever possible.
To apply for this job please visit www.metacareers.com.