As an engineer on the Commerce team, you will get an opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies (including Java, Scala, AWS Elastic Search, ECS, SQS, SNS, Kafka, Dynamo DB, Cassandra, Kubernetes etc.) and apply those skills in solving business and customer needs. You will have an influence on defining product features, drive operational excellence, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You will get to work with highly skilled and motivated engineers who are already contributing to building high-scale and high-available systems.
- Ownership of all phases from development to production for products/features.
- Ensuring the developed features are scalable and highly available.
- Work closely with senior engineers in refining the and implementation of product requirements.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies, and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Resolve and help mitigate production issues. Collaborate with internal business and technology teams to support the resolution of issues.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and No-SQL persistence approaches; experience with Cassandra preferred
- Strong development experience with Java, Object-Oriented Programming, and Scala is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of microservices development and relevant technologies such as orchestration, service discovery, service gateways and proxying
- Working knowledge of Reactive application development tools and relevant technologies such as Akka, Spring Boot, CQRS, event sourcing, Kafka, Spark
- Familiarity with building distributed systems rooted in Reactive Systems principles
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of DevOps culture and its importance in building distributed systems
- Experience with working on a public cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.