About the job
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 210 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking for a finance professional to assist our G&A team with end to end finance procurement operations. This position will reside in the company’s Los Gatos office and will report to the Manager, Finance Procurement Operations in Los Gatos. The ideal candidate for this role will help drive operational process improvements, have the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners across various G&A functions, FP&A, Accounting, and IT teams. The G&A function encompasses different organizations like the facilities, legal, HR and Talent Acquisition teams.
In this role you will partner with the following cross-functional partners:
- Business Owners – Execute all finance related tasks (procurement support, reviewing and re-negotiating contracts, vendor management, creating purchase orders, reviewing invoices, expense reporting) and be an embedded partner and active contributor across various G&A teams.
- Accounts Payable – Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing and accurate financial reporting.
- Accounting – Drive an accurate and timely month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers.
- FP&A – Ensure accurate coding to provide meaningful reporting and identify opportunities to use data to drive business decisions.
- IT – Design, simplify, and automate finance and payment workflows and partner on system enhancements to help automate workflows to scale.
- Communicating across the G&A teams to drive the procurement of goods/services from our vendors and understand the status/timeline of delivery of services.
- Partner closely with the business to support their sourcing decisions and vendor partnerships at scale, realize cost efficiencies, and to ensure a diverse and sustainable supplier base to keep pace with the evolving needs of our business.
- Setting-up purchase orders (PO’s) in to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
- Driving projects that help to simplify and automate manual workflows. Actively participate in system features development and user acceptance testing.
- Managing vendors and invoicing processes: ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with Accounting to ensure accuracy and completeness of accrued services.
Qualities We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting experience
- Experience with sourcing, procurement, and purchase orders, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows
- Ability to take ownership of tasks while handling competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to navigate large data sets
- Strong communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to lead cross-functional meetings
- Relationship builder – Ability to cultivate strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
- Strong enthusiasm for implementing systems and processes
- Curiosity and passion – Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it; having a positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key
- Adaptable – You are comfortable in an ever-changing ecosystem of content, finance and accounting issues and projects
- Ability to take occasional trips to the Los Angeles office in Southern California
Extra Dose Of Awesome If You Have
- Industry experience in the G&A space
- ERP and Procurement systems experience – experience with Workday Financials and BI visualization tools like Tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.