About the job
The Game Studio Tech Lab team will be a small, dynamic team. We build focused, creative games to validate and steer Netflix’s emerging technology investments that will make Netflix an amazing destination for games of all kinds. These unique projects will be a mix of demonstrating and inspiring what’s possible with these new technologies and services while working directly with partner teams to help ensure an excellent developer experience that enables developers to focus on the fun.
The Tech Lab Games Engineer will be a senior engineer on this small, senior-leaning team of multi-talented game engineers, designers, and artists. This role will involve creative game engineering across a variety of technical and creative challenges to make these smaller, experimental games and projects.
- Games development and prototyping: Making fun, interactive game experiences of a variety of types across a variety of technologies (potentially including different engines), in a fast-paced, iterative environment. Comfortable with shifting or in progress technologies and platforms.
- Creative: Enjoys not “staying in their lane” and is able to both directly and collaboratively drive creative intent around experiments and games.
- 5+ years experience as an engineer shipping multiple AAA, casual or mobile games
- Experience building games for early or unfinished platforms
- Exceptional communication, cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Familiarity with multiple game engine technologies such as Unity3D and UnrealEngine
- Passion for making video games, especially in a rapid, focused, smaller form vs multi-year investments
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.