Website Twinkl Educational Publishing
Location: Work from home (this is a fully remote position suitable for anyone in the UK)
Annual Salary: £18,525 – £20,000 dependent on experience
Contract: 12-months fixed term (with an expectation that this will be renewed)
Hours: 37.5 hour per week (with flexible working hours)
Hiring Manager: Alfie Robinson
Recruiter: Charlotte Harris
As a Spanish-speaking Digital Copywriter, you will join our growing in-house SEO team to make improvements to Twinkl’s Spanish on-page content and overall organic reach. You will optimise Spanish resource pages, advise other departments within the business and create long-form content in order to positively impact search page rankings.
Twinkl’s SEO team are a friendly group of driven individuals who love to write and are passionate about continuous learning, Google algorithms and pushing content to be as engaging as possible. If you are a strong commercial copywriter, an SEO enthusiast or digital marketeer, we’d love to hear from you!
How you’ll spend your day:
- On-page editing: You will spend the bulk of your time creating SEO-optimised content for Twinkl resource pages, addressing the needs of teachers, parents and other Twinkl users. Use on-site copy to target high-value search terms with the aim of improving our search engine rankings.
- Long-form content: In addition to on-page edits, you will be tasked with writing long-form content including blog posts, event landing pages and wiki pages to gain SERP features and high-ranking keywords.
- Data skills: You will be expected to evaluate the effectiveness of your own work using data skills including reporting, analysis and visualisation. We will provide training with members of our specialist team to help you develop and continuously build on these skills.
- You may also be asked to contribute to additional projects such as providing SEO training to other departments in the company, conducting competitor research and any other initiatives which will increase Twinkl’s online profile.
- You may end up working specifically on one of Twinkl’s dedicated product teams, collaborating with the Product Owner to improve visibility and spot opportunities that will help increase traffic to their page.
You’ll work with:
- A friendly and collaborative (and growing!) team of digital copywriters and content executives working to continuously improve Twinkl’s organic reach through the use of strategic experimentation and proven SEO strategies. As a copywriter, you will be managed by one of our SEO Team Leaders.
- A group of Technical SEO specialists led by Rudy Bustamante (Growth Marketing Manager), who has a strong background in data analysis and provides big-picture insights for SEO and the wider Marketing team.
- The International SEO Manager, Alfie Robinson
- The Head of Growth Marketing, Rachael Sprague.
In this role, you will learn:
- How to optimise on-page content using SEO fundamentals, and best practice for copywriting.
- How to use SEO software including Google Analytics, SEOMonitor, SEMRush and more.
- A choice of specialist skills such as technical SEO, competitor analysis, B2B marketing, training, experimentation, data handling, and visualisation.
You will also have the opportunity to build leadership and technical skills and pursue paths of progression within the SEO team and the wider company.
To succeed in the role, you will:
- Work on a variety of projects to improve Twinkl’s organic reach.
- Make edits to on-page content to optimise for key search terms.
- Be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong written communication.
- Be customer-focused and consider how to improve the site experience for our users.
- Have excellent time management skills and take ownership of the projects you work on.
- Be accountable for the quality of your pages, in line with our quality fundamentals.
We’re interested in anyone who meets one, or a combination of the following:
- Exceptional copywriting skills with professional or freelance experience to demonstrate this
- A high level of written and spoken Spanish.
- An undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant area of study (eg. Digital Marketing, Journalism)
- A keen interest in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Here’s a couple of the things that make Twinkl a great place to be:
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before process
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging – our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, People of Colour, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.
- From day 1 – Westfield Health, 29 annual leave days per year plus up to four additional days that may be awarded each year by the company, flexible working policy with opportunities to work from home, Twinkl subscription, access to a financial wellbeing coach and platform
- After probation – company sick pay and cycle to work scheme
- Long term service reward after 2+ years of service – Life insurance, enhanced pension contribution, enhanced maternity pay, enhanced adoption pay and enhanced paternity pay.
To apply for this job please visit uk.linkedin.com.