As a Visual Effects Artist, you will create simulations and systems that both mimic real-life phenomena and capture the imagination through fantastic visuals. We are looking for a technically proficient, artistically gifted, full stack real-time VFX artist. You should be able to rapidly create particle systems using game engine tools, have a deep understanding of effects shaders and material workflows, be able to produce meshes for a variety of uses from shader embellishment to physical simulations including destruction, and generate all types of textures, from painterly to procedural. You should understand the multifaceted relationship between amazing real-time visuals and performance and optimization. You should have a passion for investigating and inventing new techniques and workflows, along with creating documentation so those pipelines can benefit the entire team.
- Generate all content required for your visual effects, including.
- Meshes and animation.
- Create assets, components and templates that are customizable and reusable for both the VFX team and the entire game development team.
- textures, materials and shaders.
- Be willing to troubleshoot issues, deep dive into systems, and work closely with graphics engineers to find solutions..
- Work closely with the Art Director and VFX lead to generate consistently awesome visuals that support the art style of the game.
- Be reliable and self-sufficient, providing meaningful updates, responding to feedback, and delivering your work on a specified schedule.
- Take responsibility for interacting with members of all disciplines, such as environment artists and level designers, combat designers and character artists, or gameplay engineers, to implement and integrate your effects completely.
- Game data hookup which can often include use of timelines and scripting.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Art-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excel in a collaborative and diverse fast-paced work environment.
- 2+ years of real-time Visual Effects experience in games.
- Strong technical problem solver.
- Relevant 2D and 3D software experience—Photoshop, Maya, Houdini, Substance Designer.
- Self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and communication.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to company proprietary software.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blizzard.com.